Utilizing Hygenia™ Ensure ATP luminometer, WNC Sterile Solutions offers Clean Verification Testing for your facility. A surface simply “looking clean” or even one that was recently disinfected may still hold invisible dangers.
Why have WNC Sterile Solutions verify cleanliness?
- To track cleaning efforts and verify they have been effective.
- To verify that high-touch areas in your facility have been cleaned properly
- To verify hand-washing has been conducted effectively
- To verify that common areas, meeting rooms, and offices have been cleaned according to standards that allow a safe and healthy environment for your employees, patients, and customers.
- Inexpensive verification. For as little as $149.00, we can test up to 4 critical touch points for cleanliness verification. For additional needs, please contact us to discuss.
How does our testing work?
- We use Hygiena’s cleaning verification meters which can tell us in as little as 15 seconds if a surface has been cleaned properly using ATP.
- ATP is an energy molecule found in all plant, animal and microbial cells. It fuels metabolic processes such as cellular reproduction, muscle contraction, plant photosynthesis, respiration in fungi, and fermentation in yeast. All organic matter (living or once-living) contains ATP, including food, bacteria, mold and other microorganisms.
- Hygiena™ ATP testing devices contain a natural enzyme found in fireflies. This enzyme, called luciferase, produces a simple bioluminescence (light producing) reaction when it comes into contact with ATP. Using bioluminescence technology, our ATP Meters can measure extremely low levels of ATP collected with testing devices. Measuring the amount of bioluminescence from an ATP reaction provides an excellent indication of surface cleanliness because the quantity of light generated by the reaction is directly proportional to the amount of ATP present in the sample.